Tuesday 19 March 2013

Red Pig Korean Restaurant

Source: google.com
Amoy Street is one of the areas whereby there are alot of hidden finds. And by that, I meant restaurants waiting to be discovered. Since my office is situated just afew streets away from Amoy Street, my colleagues and I decided to drop by a Korean restaurant for a lunch one day.

Was pretty disappointed when we found out that buffet is only available for dinner, and that only the ala carte menu is available in the day. And it certainly didn't help when the lunch ala carte manu is pretty limited. But it did cheer me up a little, to see the high volume of korean customers and of course, the bosses!




Budae Jjigae - Spicy Sausage Stew (S$45)
This comes in 2 sizes - Small (S$35) and Large (S$45). Since there were 4 of us, and all three of them were guys, we opt for the large sized one. I love maggie noodles. I love spicy stew. So basically, I love this dish. With a tinge of spice, yet not overwhelming, the stew was so good we ordered more noodles to be added in.

Doijibulgogi - BBQ Pork Hotplate (S$10

We ordered Dakbulgogi (BBQ Chicken Hotplate S$10) as well which I failed to take a close up shot. Personally, I prefer the chicken dish over the pork as the chicken pieces are really tender and tasty. The pork pieces tends to be a little dry and tough to chew after the dish is cooled.

Haemul Pajeon - Seafood Pancake (S$18)
This was served piping hot, and other than being slightly oily, I really cannot find fault with this dish. Many raved about this particular dish and how this is a must-try if you dine here. I wouldn't go as far to say it is a must-try, but this is definitely worth a try in my opinion.

And as usual, all Korean restaurants will serve you many sides during your meal. This is one of my favourite here.
Egg Roll
However, do note that although most of the sides are re-fillable, this isn't. Limited to one piece per person. A little stingy, I would say.

If you dont have such big appetite, then don't over-order! Because the sides can certainly fill you up. And be prepared to stink a little after dining here! Service wasn't very efficient and especially since we were seated in the room. The only time we can order/request for additional sides is when the waitress decided to pop by the room. Selection on the menu is limited, so don't expect too muh variety of food! 

Can't wait to be back for the buffet at night one of these days though.

Red Pig Korean Restaurant
93 Amoy Street
#06-9913
Tel: 6220 7176








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please free to show your views, and of cos, any new food places you want us to cover or you will recommend!