Monday 20 August 2012

Strictly Pancakes

They said friends are your pillars in life, without them to share your joy and sorrow, you'll be living a wasted life. And i really couldn't agree more to that. So I always make it a point to organise/attend gatherings, just to do my part to keep the friendships going.

And boy, what are gatherings without food?

So off we go, to Strictly Pancakes! To indulge in uh well, pancakes, as the name of the restaurant suggests.


Sitting quietly along the Prinsep Street, Strictly Pancakes proves to be one of the hangout place where everyone can head to for brunch, anytime. An All Day Pancake concept dining place, where you can get pancakes at anytime of the day. Unlike Macdonalds, which you have to rush to wake up early for the pancakes, or else you have to settle for burgers once the time hits 11.01am.



After more than half an hour of waiting, we finally got a table for 6! I'm someone who hates waiting and queuing up for food, so whenever I want to dine somewhere, I always try to make reservations beforehand whenever possible. Which I failed for this gathering, because the clique meets at 1, and this restaurant only allows for reservations at 10am, 12pm, 2pm, ...


After a long wait, the waitress could only offer us the seats outdoors. But thank goodness, a crowd on the 2nd floor left so she offered us the seats indoors which we all gladly obliged. It was such a warm and stuffy day! On the second floor, there were two distinct seating areas. One is the sofa seats (which was directly under the glass ceiling), the other is the one with tables where the stronger air conditioning are. Luckily, we managed to get the latter! (:


And oh yes, here comes the pancakesssssssss! 

Strawberries & Co. (S$10)
Mine! Medium stack of original pancakes, accompanied by mixed berries, strawberries coulis and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. In my opinion, that scoop of icecream was the best on the plate.

Blackforest (S$11)

Tiramisu ($S12)

Apples and Cinnamon (S$10)
If you pay this place a visit, order the chocolate pancakes! They tasted so much better than the original ones. So much better that I switched one of my original one with my friend, for his chocolate piece. Both Tiramisu and Blackforest just prove that pancakes taste so much better with chocolate. Apples and Cinnamon just didn't score for me.

An advise for people with small appetites, please do order the short stack (which consists of 2 pancakes), or share your plate with another.  Because none of us managed to clear our plates, except for Benjamin who order the short stack of chocolate pancakes. Or maybe Aaron did, but he felt like puking pancakes out after that.

If you ask for my opinion, I would rather wake up early for Macdonalds' pancakes and the multiple packets of maple syrup and butter which I can get for free over the counter. SP's pancakes were too heavy for my liking, I found myself struggling after just 1 piece. The whole meal wasn't satisfying for me at all. Filling, yes. Satisfying, no. And that is a big taboo in the world of food, for someone to continue to feel as unsatisfied as he/she was before the meal. 

Or perhaps I should order the chocolate based one. Or perhaps pancakes only go well with maple syrup/butter for me. You should come with an open mind and taste them for yourself!

Strictly Pancakes
44A Prinsep Strret
Singapore 188674
Tel: 6333 4202
www.strictlypancakes.com.sg

/some photos courtesy of google.com